Monday, August 28, 2006

It's Over


WOW!! It's over! Over 2,300 started the swim Sunday morning. I thought the weather was perfect. Bright and sunny. I think the temperature bearly topped 90 in the afternoon. Here's how the race went down:
Swim split: 58:24- I started at my secret spot that Chuckie V showed me during the 2001 race. It was pretty much clear swimming. I was happy with my time considering I have been struggling at masters lately.
Bike split: 5:55- The first 30 miles goes by pretty fast. The climb up Richter Pass was longer than I remember. The climb up to Yellow lake was shorter. One thing I notice in these big races, when I get passed on the bike it is not by one or two people at a time, its by a freakin peloton. 20-30 guys grouped together. That happened 2 or 3 times and that really kinda ticked me off. My back tightened up a bit mid way thru so I backed off to prevent further suffering. All things considered I was happy with my ride.
Run Split: 4:13- 9:41/mile splits doesn't seem very speedy, but during the run I felt like I was moving fairly well. I passed far more people that caught me and my splits were even- 2:05 going out, 2:08 bringing it home.
Total Time: 11:14:36 , 320 place of 2,175 finishers
All in all it was a good long day training.

No comments: