Saturday, May 20, 2006

First Long Brick

I ventured out to the valley for my first long brick. My base station was Los Olivos. I park right off Grand St. There is a bathroom there and a little store in case I need provisions so its a great place to start. I did my usual Foxen Canyon- Drum Canyon route but headed up Santa Rosa Road towards Lompoc. Santa Rosa is a great country road, not much traffic, around 16 miles long. It intersects the old Hwy 1. I take Hwy 1 back to the 101. Hwy 1 is a rolly uphill, usually with a head wind. It is a great place to tuck your head down and just grind it out for 1 1/2 hours. I cut over to Nojoqui Falls and head back to Solvang and then wind back to Los Olivos. Today I rode about 90 miles. I start my run at Figueroa Mtn Rd. The miles are marked so I just run out and back. Today I ran around 30 minutes. I'll probably build that to 2 hours. I try and just hold my pace at 9 min/miles, cause I find in an Ironman 9 min pace ain't to bad.
PS: I got my first flat of the season today!

No comments: