Saturday, January 03, 2009

Funny Lady

Marci on her way to an age group victory in '91 Nationals

Who's one of my all time favorite triathletes? Paula Newby? Mark Allen? No, it's Santa Barbara's own Marci Steelman. Marci hasn't raced in quite a few years but in her heyday she was a national age group champ and pro rookie of the year. I usually run into Marci a couple times a year, and usually, after having three kids, she is attempting some sort of comeback. So I was surprised and pleased to see Marci at our early morning run workout. Marci is a crack up. You never know what is going to come out of her mouth. So why is she so high on my all time list? Being funny scores big points with me, and, Mark Allen has the sense of humor of a potato.

Day 2 of Ironman- AM swim masters, PM- easy 45 minute run
Day 3- AM run workout, 6x 1/2 mile hill repeats, probably 11 miles total, keeping HR below 150.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marci's my favorite triathlete, too!!!

Anonymous said...

Me Too!!!