Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bullseye


Lately while I've been riding I feel like I must have some sort of bullseye painted on my back. I ride solo mostly, and lately random cyclists will come racing past me, legs pumping, taking a quick glance to see if I respond to the chase or am dropped. I never peruse, content with enjoying my ride. Most of the time they ride off into the distance, no doubt satisfied they are the new leader of the Giro de Santa Barbara. Sometimes I will creep back up to them, slowly pass, only to have them once again launch a furious attack. At that point I will purposely find a different route, slightly annoyed. Cook says that's the roadie mentality. I say definitely too much Cyclism Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The attacks are worse when you are a lady...great post. At least there are others in the same boat and not winning the Giro de Santa Barbara.