Friday, February 13, 2009

Stinky Shoe


I've been a little depressed with all the rainy weather when a friend suggested I should try Bikram Yoga. "Oh, I've tried Bikram Yoga..." Then I went off into a bit of a rant. For those who are not familiar, Bikram Yoga is preformed in a super heated room. Yoga in a sauna. The heat makes you nice and loose so you can contort yourself into all those unnatural positions. Except there are 30 other people in the room with you. Sweating, dripping, stinking. Yoga in an old, hot, stinky shoe. There is a nice carpet which absorbs your sweat, along with the sweat from the past 50 classes. Yoga in a petri dish. As the class went off into their crazy yoga breathing, I hallucinated I was back in Nam. POW in solitary, in a black box, baking in the sun. Only a black box would be too nice. I was trapped in that old stinky shoe. This is what John McCain must have endured. But I am no maverick, so I left. Fresh Santa Barbara air never felt so good. If this sounds appealing, you can check it out here.

Day 45 of Ironman- Easy swim, Easy bike. This was the last day of my rest cycle.

No comments: