Monday, February 02, 2009

Old Dog, New tricks

Let's face it, I'm an old dog. I've been competing in triathlons for 20 years now and I admit I can be a little nonplussed when it comes to the sport. That is why I need to shake it up once in a while. I usually go for a gadget; new heart rate monitor, gps, race wheels, you get the idea. This year, Chuckie V has been helping me shake up my cycling. Our first task, evaluate and refine my bike position. With a change of aerobars and stem I went from this:
To this:The goal is to be both as aero and as comfortable as possible. We'll be tweaking things along the way but I think we're 95% there.

Day 29 of Ironman- Double run day- 1 hour am. 30 minutes pm, core work at the gym
Day 30- Masters Swim
Day 31- AM 2 hour run, PM 1.5 hour bike
Day 32- Brick day- 4.5 bike, 30 min run
Day 33- Masters Swim

1 comment:

Chuckie V said...

96% the way there, actually.