Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Getting Aero


Several people asked me what exact changes I made to my bike set up. When Chuckie first evaluated me he had me hop on the trainer and ride for a while. His initial impression was I was a bit too stretched out. He wanted my elbows at more of a 90 degree bend. I've been suffering over the past few years with the old man lower back ache and Chuckie surmised my position was probably contributing to the problem. Things can change a bit on the road so Chuckie followed me around snapping pictures to comfirm his diagnosis. Chuckie suggested a shorter stem and aerobars I could adjust the pads further back. I settled on the Profile T2+Cobra and the Profile Cobra Wing Base Bar. I changed from a 100mm stem to a 90mm. I also raised my seat around 5mm, and voila!, I went from Quasimodo to having a nice flat, aero back, just like a table top, which comes in very handy for Chuckie since he likes to use it to place his glass of Merlot when we ride around the SYV.

Day 35 of Ironman- AM secret workout, 1:20 minutes of hell, PM core work and shoulder rehab at the gym.
Day 36- 1:30 run with 2x15 second all out sprints.

1 comment:

Chuckie V said...

There's still a few tweaks left to do, but you're in the ballpark Stuart! Go carefully when seat raising. Go wild when hell raising.

-V