Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Two Dogs Behaving Badly

Morgan and Lilo are good time Charlies. Two dogs behaving badly. At Elings Park, the two raid unsuspecting picnickers with reckless abandon, proudly carrying off their booty of foot long subs and chicken wings. They steal candy from children. Morgan and Lilo have mastered the "Who Me??" expression. They bark, just because it feels good. The other morning, Morgan and Lilo stumbled upon a homeless encampment off  Leadbetter beach. Jackpot. Half eaten cans of chili, plenty of stinky things to roll in. As the dogs ransacked their camp, a dreary eyed homeless fella raised his head and shouted to me, "Hey buddy can I give you some advice?" "What" I answered, a bit embarrassed as I attempted to round up my furry hooligans. "Next time, get a cat.", he muttered. Morgan and Lilo barked all the way home. Smelly with chili breath. It was a good day to be a dog.

No comments: