Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tux


Sadly, my 17 year old faithful training partner, Tux, passed away last night. Ellen and I found Tux wondering the neighborhood streets 15 years ago. Flea ridden and half starved, Tux was lured with a dog biscuit and cautiously followed us home. He has been faithfully at our side ever since. Tux trained with me through five Ironman races and countless marathons. He was a trail running phenom. And while age finally took away most of his giddy-up, he happily accompanied me on slow walks through Elings Park. I spent many a morning sipping my Pete's watching the sunrise with Tux strolling at my side. Good bye Tux, you lived a long, wonderful life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your dog. It sounds like he had a good life.

yakdan said...

sorry for your loss.