Monday, June 22, 2009

Ironman is like a box of chocolates


No, I didn't need an ambulance but at one point of the bike I thought I might. I was having some nutritional issues on the run and by mile 10 I thought I was about to faint. One thing I can guarantee about ironman races is you never know what you are going to get. You just have to go with the flow. It is a lot of crisis management, trying to figure out how to rally from a sometimes desperate situation. I was able to slowly titrate some calories back in and eventually I was able to run and finish the race. 11:36. So when is my next Ironman? Probably in a couple or three years. I know I need surgery on my torn rotator cuff. That injury really has hampered my swimming. But I can assure you, I'll be back toeing the Ironman line.

1 comment:

Chuckie V said...

Yes, this Ironman stuff is a bit of an addiction. Nice work Dr.

-V